I love creamy pasta sauce. That and vodka sauce. Also, I love cheesy sauces. Okay, I love almost any sauce but plain, old marinara if you can’t tell. Especially since at most restaurants, my only option is marinara. (boo)
So, I was so glad that I decided to mess around with flour and some almond milk to make my own creamy white sauce for my pasta for dinner one night. It turned out amazing. I had at least 3 servings because I was so glad to finally have white sauce again.
It’s super simple and took me at most 15 minutes to make. Enjoy!!!
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves (minced)
- Onions (chopped up to your liking)
- Red pepper chili flakes
- Tomatoes (chopped, again, only if you want them)
- Arugula (chopped, again if you want or use Spinach)
- Black pepper
- Flour (I used all purpose flour since I had it)
- Almond Milk (unsweetened or soy milk or any alternative milk you prefer)
- Pasta of your choice
- Prepare pasta as directed (boil water, put pasta in boiling water, cook until al dente then drain)
- In another pot, put olive oil, garlic cloves (as many as you’d like, I love my food garlicky!), chopped onions, red pepper chili flakes (as much as you’d like again, I prefer a lot of red hot chili pepper flakes, gives it a great kick), and tomatoes into pot to heat up.
- Once the mixture’s hot, set the flame to a low temperature, and then put in a tablespoon of flour. Mix.
- Now add in some almond milk. Mix.
- Repeat the flour and almond milk until you have as much sauce as you need. Make sure to keep mixing.
Mess around with how much almond milk to flour ratio you’d like so that it’s as thick as you desire.
- Near the end, add in the greens (arugula or spinach).
- Pour over pasta, mix pasta with sauce, and dig in!