2/3 cup coconut oil
6 Tablespoons homemade applesauce or store-bought unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1 and 1/4 cups evaporate cane juice
2 and 1/4 cups baking flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 and 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
SERVINGS: About 40 (depending on the size of the cookies)
- Mix Coconut Oil, Applesauce, vanilla extract, and cane Juice into one bowl. (wet ingredients).
- Mix salt, baking flour, baking soda, and xantham gum into separate bowl. (dry ingredients).
- Mix and fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients; then fold in chocolate chips. DO NOT USE A MIXER.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Make balls 1″ in diameter on baking sheets. Don’t bother oiling; the coconut oil gives you plenty of it.
- Press thumb into balls to flatten them out.
- Put dough-laden sheets into oven; let bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned on top. Should still be soft to the touch.
- Cool and serve the chewy goodness to hungry vegans and unsuspecting carnivores!
I had four of these (all he had left after all the carnivores got to them!!!).
Absolutely delicious and moist, exactly what a chocolate chip cookie should taste like. Also, the perfect amount of chewiness. Brian is expected to make these monthly for me.
Why? Lady Parts Demands It!!!